Do you feel like your students have a hard time remembering phonics skills that you have taught throughout the school year? Did you teach digraphs 3 weeks ago and now your students don’t remember what sh- or ch- say? When you use phonics spiral review to consistently and routinely review skills throughout the year, your students will gain confidence and mastery in all of their phonics skills.
You will save so much time planning your phonics review and assessments with this resource. There are 36 weeks of spiral review and weekly quizzes included. After using this spiral review all school year, your students will have a better understanding of their phonics skills and will remember them!
The spiral review and weekly quizzes have been preloaded into Google Slides and Seesaw.
Each week of spiral review contains a new skill every week, as well as a review of the past skills. Each weekly quiz has mostly questions about the new skills, but still touches on old skills to revisit as well.
Each week of the spiral review has:
- Columns to divide the week for students to complete every day
- New skill listed at the bottom
- Fun themes for everyday
- A routine so that your students will know what to expect so that you don’t have to say over and over again what to do every day
- A review of skills throughout the year so that your students can build mastery and confidence with their phonics skills
Each weekly quiz has:
- Picture clues for your students to track where they are (if you are reading out loud, you can say “point to the sun” and then read the question so they know what box you are in)
- Questions about the new skill
- Questions that offer review so that you can continuously check on how your students are progressing with their phonics skills throughout the year
When can I use this resource?
- Morning work
- Phonics warm-up
- Guided reading
This phonics spiral review should take about 5-10 minutes to complete, depending on the day and the skill. Take time afterwards to check as a class so that students can see what they know and what they are still learning. Then, give the weekly quiz on Friday after doing the spiral review every day of the week.
Answer keys are included!
What are other teachers saying?
“This low prep resource is awesome!!!! The pages are easy to follow with the daily and weekly organized sections. It’s great too because the whole file is a spiral review for the ENTIRE year! You basically just print and go, that’s so easy! There’s even an answer key! Missing Tooth Grins has thought of everything!! You should go check it out(:” – Hannah B.
Wow, this is SUCH a fantastic resource! Everything is low-prep and organized in a daily and weekly format, which makes it so quick and easy to implement! I love the engaging and kid-friendly graphics, and that the skills are wide-ranging, but thorough. It progresses from basic skills (letter sounds, CVC words) to more complex skills (blends, digraphs, vowel teams) in a quick spiral review format that will help students retain the information. Each activity only takes a few minutes of class time each day, but the impact on student learning will be immense! These would be great for morning work, a phonics warmup, homework, and there’s even a digital copy of everything. I love it, and know my first graders will, too! – Kimberly B.
Check the preview for a closer look!