Assess your students reading comprehension quickly with these reading exit tickets! This set includes 51 reading informational exit slips and 65 reading literature exit slips aligned to the Common Core State Standards. Quickly check understanding and drive your instruction with your first grade class with these short, easy to prep assessments!
Printable and digital reading comprehension exit slips are included. Short reading passages and paragraphs are included to help you assess these skills. Students will love how quick these assessments are, while teachers will love the immediate feedback. There are 116 exit slips total with this complete bundle!
There are 51 exit slips for the reading informational standards. They are:
- RI.1.1: Ask and answer questions about key details in a text. 6 tickets
- RI.1.2: Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text. 6 tickets
- RI.1.3: Describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text. 6 tickets
- RI.1.4: Ask and answer questions to help determine or clarify the meaning of words and phrases in a text. 6 tickets
- RI.1.5: Know and use various text features (e.g., headings, tables of contents, glossaries, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text.
- 6 tickets
- RI.1.6: Distinguish between information provided by pictures or other illustrations and information provided by the words in a text. 4 tickets
- RI.1.7: Use the illustrations and details in a text to describe its key ideas. 4 tickets
- RI.1.8: Identify the reasons an author gives to support points in a text. 7 tickets
- RI.1.9: Identify basic similarities and differences between two texts on the same topic (e.g., in illustrations, descriptions, or procedures). 6 tickets
There are 65 exit slips for the reading literature standards. They are:
- RL.1.1: Ask and answer questions about key details in a text (6 tickets)
- RL.1.2: Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson (8 tickets)
- RL1.3: Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details (16 tickets)
- RL.1.4: Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses (8 tickets)
- RL.1.5: Explain major differences between books that tell stories and books that give information, drawing on a wide reading of a range of text types (6 tickets)
- RL.1.6: Identify who is telling the story at various points in a text (9 tickets)
- RL.1.7: Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events (6 tickets)
- RL.1.9: Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories (6 tickets)
This resource provides 4 exit tickets per page, making it easy to prep for your class! There are multiple tickets per standard with different formats for you to choose from. The formats are: multiple choice and short answer. You can pick which is best for your class! Using exit tickets is a great way to fit in an informal assessment, especially when you are short on time because you’re teaching!
Make sure to follow me so that you are notified of when new resources are posted! Brand new resources are always on sale the first 24 hours!
Copyright © Missing Tooth Grins.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
There are no reviews yet.