Good morning, all! I’m linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for her monthly linky party. I’ve seen so many bloggy friends do this and so I was determined to do it this month. Can you believe it’s already March?! What the what?! When did that happen?
Anyway, here’s my currently!
1. Listening: To the news. Le sigh. We are supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow starting tonight into tomorrow. I. AM. SO. SAD. Can winter just be over? And, it’s supposed to be an air temp of 12 below 0 on Monday. Again, whatthewhat? It’s March and when I hear March, I think of spring, not nasty snow. Snow is supposed to be done, people. Over it.
2. Loving: Everything I bought yesterday at the TPT sale. TPT saves my life and I just love how stinkin’ creative everyone is. I love making my own products to teach with, but I love shopping for other peoples’ creativity and awesomeness as well. One that I was really looking forward to buying was All About The Dinosaurs by Kristen Smith. Her blog post about it really sold me. You can find that here. Her students claimed it all as the best day ever. I know my kids will really enjoy it and I just can’t wait to incorporate all the fun in my classroom.
3. Thinking: About getting our new puppy Monday. We get to pick up Sadie on Monday. I’m really banking on the roads to be cleared by the afternoon because the mister and I took a personal half day for the afternoon to go pick her up. She’s about an hour and a half south of us and I’m worried they will get a lot of snow and we won’t be able to get her. It’s seriously all I’ve been thinking about.
Isn’t she precious? Seriously, I can’t wait. We found out one of the puppies in her litter died this past week because she stopped eating. I’m an animal lover; I just can’t stop thinking about that little puppy and the people that were going to adopt her. Heartbreaking to find out. I wish them well. 🙁
4. Wanting: For my birthday party to start. My birthday was last Friday. I really wasn’t too excited about it or anything. Getting older isn’t nearly as fun now as it was when I was younger. However, we get to celebrate with my family and I haven’t seen my family in a while, so I’m excited to eat some tacos and cheesecake! Two of the greatest things on Earth.
5. Needing: To get A LOT of stuff done and to work out again. If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know that I’m nearly done with my masters. I tell ya, I’m so unmotivated this semester and I think it’s because I’m just so close to being done. I have many things I need to work on for school. I also am needing to BUNDLE my first thing ever for TPT.
You see, I created this:
And this shortly after:
Similar products, but the first is for endings and suffixes and the second is for prefixes. I created both because my firsties are having trouble with these type of words in their reading and I think this is what it takes for many of them to get to the next level- recognizing these type of words quicker in their reading. Anyway, I was so pleased to see that someone purchased the suffix one last night and then a couple hours later came back for the prefix one! I felt this person must’ve liked the first one enough that he/she thought he/she should come back for the second. It made my heart warm and happy and then I thought, “Why don’t I bundle these two together?” So, that’s on my list of things to do this weekend. Look for it soon in my TPT store!
6. Happy, thankful, worried. You’re supposed to figure out the question! I think it’s probably pretty obvious, but that’s it 🙂
Happy Saturday, everyone! Make it a good one!