Introduce and teach main idea and supporting details to your first and second grade students with this engaging, fun reading unit! This reading unit is preloaded into Google Slides with interactive lessons and activities. Through this unit, your students will learn how to identify the main idea and key details of a text with a variety of different resources.
- anchor chart
- 2 different pre and post assessments
- Main Idea & Key Details Introductory Whole Group Sorting Activity
- Mystery Bag cards for small group activity
- Short paragraph reading passages with comprehension questions
- Graphic Organizers & Reading Response Sheets
- Write the room activity
- No Prep Worksheets (great for morning work, independent work, or to leave for a sub!)
- 2 craftivities (with signs for a bulletin board)
- 4 centers for your center rotation
- Small group warm-up activity
Your students will have many opportunities for growth and mastery with this main idea reading unit. You will see them grow with the many different activities included.
IMPORTANT: The digital version included in the file is for Google Slides. When you purchase this resource, you will find a page with the links to the different activities to add this resource to your Google Drive. You do not need to have Google Classroom to use it. However, you need a Google Drive account to access it.
Check the preview for a closer look!
Make sure to follow me so that you are notified of when new resources are posted! Brand new resources are always on sale the first 24 hours!