Punctuation practice for Halloween is here! These fun Halloween-themed writing activities are the perfect, spooky addition to your classroom for October! Your 1st or 2nd grade students will be so engaged in the different activities and will have so much fun practicing using a period, exclamation point, and question mark.
Students having trouble identifying when to use a period, question mark, or exclamation point? Look no further for the perfect punctuation practice!
These activities are great for:
- Write the room whole group activity – great way to get your kids up and moving!
- Small group work
- Early finishers
4 different activities are included! They are:
- Punctuation Potion: Oh no! Winnie The Witch stole all the punctuation from our sentences to put in her cauldron to make Punctuation Potion! It is up to your students to figure out the correct punctuation before they’re used in her ghoulish potion!
- Trick Or Treat: Some sentences are a trick and some are a treat! If the sentence has the correct punctuation, it’s a treat. If it has incorrect punctuation, then it’s a trick! Students sort the sentences in this activity, which can be used in a center or small group activity.
- Punctuation Costume Parade: The parade organizer needs your help! Multiple kids showed up in the same costume for the Halloween costume parade! Now they’re all jumbled up! Help organize the students by putting the sentences in the correct order and then round them up with the correct punctuation!
- Decorate The Haunted House: Students read the sentence. Then, they match the picture on the card to their own paper and write the punctuation inside. Then, they get to decorate the haunted house with the accessories!
- No Prep Pages: 5 no prep punctuation practice pages are included to round up your month of practicing punctuation.
Want to see a closer look? Check out our preview!
Want a similar activity for November? Make sure to check out the !
Make sure to follow me so that you are notified of when new resources are posted! Brand new resources are always on sale the first 24 hours!